Well here it is and I'm very happy with this new cup. It's called the Gary Animal Street Devil. I have been unhappy with the animal and the old Babe. I tried to make a cup that fitted between the two. The New Animal was created and I made about 8 sets only.
As time went on I decided I hated it. It was to blocky looking and lacked any aesthetic qualities. so I have scraped it. Today I started afresh on my new street cup. It had to take a baseball because that's what I load. I wanted a more tapered cup that would only just take 3 balls on the dent.(not that I do that bit)
Anyway it was going to be called the Animal Babe cup or something similar. I turned new chucks and when I was happy with the shape I spun up a few test cups. The lathe I used has a variable speed digital display. I looked down and my lathe was running at 666. That made me smile and it also gave the cup its name.