The Magic Network values respect for other members and respect for the art of Magic. When posting in the forums, on member profiles, chats, and private messages, all members shall adhere to the following guidelines. Any content that violates our User Guidelines will be removed. Interpretation of our guidelines is at the discretion of the staff.
Considering the real-time nature of The Magic Network Site, it is impossible for TheMagicNetwork.com to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted or sent. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this online forum or any entity associated with the forum or site. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email to contact @ themagicnetwork . com. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this site's services, that you will not use the forum, video gallery, photo gallery, event calendar, newsfeed, blogs, chat, private messaging, or any other communication tool provided by the site to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your messagearray(s).We reserve the right to reveal your identity array(or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
In addition, please remember that this site is for magicians and mentalists who are serious about magic and mentalism. The Magic Network reserves the right to remove or edit any posts or messages made on the site, and will do so if they are deemed to be immature, inappropriate, or not valuable to The Magic Network community or its members as a whole. You agree to conduct yourself as a mature magician, whether beginner or professional, with respect for the community and its members, when using this site.
Additional Forum Guidelines:
1. Search for your discussion topic before beginning a new thread about it. Duplicate threads will be deleted.
2. Do not post 1 or 2 word posts, such as: "OK" "I agree" "Yes" "Thanks" etc. Your post should have value for all members. It is fine to thank another member for providing you with help, but when thanking another member in the forums you should provide more information about why the member you are thanking's information or post was useful for you. Optionally, you can use the "Thank You" button on a post that you find useful, as a way of saying thanks.
3. Do not post a thread asking a specific member a question - you can do that via private messaging.
4. Stay on topic as much as possible.
5. Do not post affiliate links or spam links. It is fine to post links to your website or websites that you think are useful for our members, or to promote your website in the forum, but do not post a link simply for the sake of trying to sell something - such links will be removed.
6. Cross-posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed.
7. While member post count has meaning, it should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially increase your post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts. When participating in game threads such as "Word Association Game" or "What song are you listening to right now?" please do not post consecutive replies within a short period of time.
8. Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers.
9. As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
10. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline. If you feel that the censor is acting in error, please contact us. We try to maintain a professional, respectful, and friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating.
11. When linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with the guidelines laid out here. This includes mentioning or referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. If you post a link and that link is automatically censored, it is considered to be an inappropriate link and you should remove it from your post immediately. If left, all posts that feature inappropriate links will be removed.
12. Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally.
13. Political and religious discussions are not allowed on this website. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious, the post may be removed. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content.
14. Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don't agree with it, say why - respectfully. Don't just tell them they're wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.
15. When an opinion-based discussion is being had, do not state things like "there is no argument" as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like "Are you serious?" and "Are you kidding me?" Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion.
16. Signatures are limited to 5 lines of text. This includes blank lines. If you include an image in your signature, it must be small and not flashy. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large. You may mention websites and ventures that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate for this community. Focus on things that you like, not things that you don't.
17. Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content.
18. Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted.
19. We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
20. Moderators and myself have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation. If you would like a copy of your removed post so that you can adjust it and repost, please contact us. As long as we wouldn't prefer you to simply start over, we'll be glad to send you a copy.
21. DO NOT START A FORUM THREAD ASKING ABOUT REVEALING SECRETS OF MAGIC OR HOW AN EFFECT IS DONE. DO NOT POST TUTORIALS THAT REVEAL SECRETS. We do not reveal secrets or give "tutorials" in this community. Any threads, posts, or videos that ask about revealing secrets, or reveal secrets, will be deleted immediately. If you would like to learn magic, you can visit the "eBooks" section of our site and buy a book there.
22. Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forums and community!
Note: Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. These guidelines detail the types of behavior and activities that are allowed here.
If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
Do you have a question about our User Guidelines or anything else? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? Well, no matter what it is, please do not hesitate to contact us (V Marra) and we will be glad to help in any way that we can.
Thank you for being a part of The Magic Network.