Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Website Ideas

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 10 months ago #13471

Any Video of Me Actually doing a show is on my website under the Video Section. But I like on the home page as well. I currently have taken the site down so that myself and MM can work on it and have it a whole new look. Will let yall know when the finished product is ready!

Mal
  • MagicMalachi
  • Journeyman
  • Thank you received 12
"See You On The Other Side????"
www.illusionistmalachi.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 9 months ago #13480

Here's another example (of course I like this one, because I helped to build it.. hehe.. ) sendwonder.com
  • V Marra
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 58
V
themagicnetwork.com
Connecting Magicians- with each other, with an audience, with you.
facebook.com/themagicnetworksite
Like us on Facebook to hear about our news and promotions first!

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13638

Hey Everyone! Just popping back in here to Say that I've recently done a LOT more changes to my website.

One of the biggest changes that I have done is I no longer have that .tk website link!

My New URL is www.illusionistmalachi.com

I was finally able to upgrade my site to a more professional one. Done a few more design changes and I think it really looks a TON better than what it used to look like. Again please feel free to post your comments about it and any more suggestions you might have. I really do appreciate it!
  • MagicMalachi
  • Journeyman
  • Thank you received 12

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13639

Hey Mal, good stuff! First off, the domain looks like it only redirects, try see if you can get it to be like the primary domain otherwise it wont do anything for ranking.

I like the design but I think there's still a bit much happening... people don't want to download your android app.

There are a few copy and paste fails where you have copied from your last site so the text has black background ect.

Maybe a few too many pages still.

Maybe move the enquiry form up a bit on the contact page and have the qr code thing under it.

Take the "*Please Contact me at least 2 weeks before Your Event. This allows me time to prepare for it properly." off, it makes you look unprofessional, i would suggest that you just say you are booked up if they enquire too close to the event but ideally I think you should have a show prepared all the time anyway.

Good luck and I hope it serves you well! Glad you got a domain. :)
  • KiwiMagician
  • Demi-God
  • Thank you received 17
Feel the fear and do it anyway!!!

Check Out My Website!

LIKE My Facebook Page!

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13641

@MM

idk about the domain I just upgraded my package on Webs which came with a free domain coupon. Idk how it works.

I fixed the text issues with the black background idk why it was doing that.

I agree with the contact page. I moved the qr code under the form and then i reworded the "please contact..." thing. I think the new message works well there.

Thanks for all your help!
  • MagicMalachi
  • Journeyman
  • Thank you received 12

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13642

Cool stuff, looking good. "*To Avoid some Booking Issues Please contact me ASAP before the event." has 2 capital letter which don't need to be there and the word issues sounds odd. I would say something like "Book early to avoid disappointment." or "Secure your spot in my schedule ASAP to avoid disappointment"

V might be better at wording that, he's quite good with the writing. :)

As for the domain, take a look around and google it if you cant find a setting on webs
  • KiwiMagician
  • Demi-God
  • Thank you received 17

Check Out My Website!

LIKE My Facebook Page!

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13643

LOL my Fiance yells at me all the time when she reads so things I write because I Capitalize letters all the time that doesnt need to be capitalized lolol just a habit

and

Okay I have done a quick search and yea the illusionistmalachi.webs.com was set as the Primary I changed that to the illusionistmalachi.com. So there should no longer be that issue. I've tested it and it seems to work now.

Will see what V thinks I should put there ;) I am curious to see his thoughts on the changes etc.

Mal
  • MagicMalachi
  • Journeyman
  • Thank you received 12

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13644

Hey Mal! Great stuff, I see the domain is working, and I'm glad to see you got the domain, looks a lot better.

I think the design looks more professional now, and is easier to navigate. I think there are a few too many pages, as Mike said. I also don't think an Android app is needed... would be better to just have an Android optimized version of your site that was automatically loaded up when the site detects that it is being accessed from an Android device. Not sure if it is possible to do that with webs, but I think that would be the better option if you could. I think most people only download an app for a website that they access very often from their phone (such as Facebook, Twitter, Groupon, etc).

I think you could condense the pages "About Malachi", "Testimonials", "Contact" and "Why Hire a Magician" all to one page called "Hire Malachi" or something like that. Basically make the text on each of those more succinct, and then you have one single page where people can read about you, why they should hire you, what others have said about you, and then have a form to contact you right there. If people have to click around too much they may lose interest or get confused about what was where.

See if you can add some more testimonials as well.

I would change the name of the "Shows" page to "Packages" and add your contact form to that page as well.

Not sure if you can condense the "Photos" and "Videos" pages to a single "Media" or "See Malachi in Action" page, but that might help reduce the number of pages as well.

As far as the "Learn Magic" page goes... I would consider having a link at the bottom of your homepage that says, "Magicians Only" or "Click here if you are a Magician" - and have that link go to either a separate website completely (that you promote specifically to magicians), or to another page within your existing site. That link doesn't need to be in the main menu of the site you are using to sell your show to non-magicians. I could go either way on this, so if you want to leave it there, it is up to you, just a suggestion to try and reduce the number of links in your main menu.

I think the header image with your logo is a bit too wide. You want to get as much information as you can "Above the fold"...because people don't always scroll down... so if your logo is taking up all the space above the fold, you are making your visitors do extra work to scroll down, or they might not bother to scroll down at all and will miss out on your content.

As far as the wording goes, what Mike suggested about "Book early to avoid disappointment" is fine, and it is commonly used. It might sound a bit cliche, because it is used often.

Alternatives you might consider are:

"My schedule fills up quickly, especially during peak periods (summer and winter). I recommend booking as soon as possible to secure me for your event."

or put more succinctly:

"Book early to secure your spot in my schedule."

Overall, a great improvement Mal, and I like where the site is headed. I think if you can reduce some of the pages by condensing them, it will be great!
  • V Marra
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 58
V
themagicnetwork.com

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13646

Hey V Wow Thanks for all that. I'm gonna have to go over that like 5 times just to get it all lol

I could condense a few of those pages but some are "apps" which cannot be moved to another page and has to stay on its own page. I could put the "About" and "Why Hire a Magician" on the same page because I created them.

I've tried to get Testimonials from people i've performed for and had shows for but I gotta say its hard to get those things lol (maybe i wasnt that good so they are just trying to be nice??) nahh...

I really like the idea to change it to "Packages" Sounds WAY better than just "shows" lol

and Like I said with the other pages the Photo's and Video's pages are both Apps which i dont think can be put on the same page. I'll do some looking to see if it can be done and will get back with you.

Yea I want my site to work well for both Magicians and Laymen which is why I have put in the Learn Magic Area. (really its something to keep people coming back to my website.) But yea I'll Create a New Link not on the main bar which will Go to the "Learn Magic" Page.

As Far as the Wide Image I dont think i can change that. Since it is a Template that I'm using for it the Template Is just that wide with that image.

I Like the "My schedule fills up quickly..." Line there So I'll be changing what i have now to that.

On another Note I can say that Hits on my website has EXPLODED after I started Facebook ads. Just Yesterday I had over 56 Hits to my site. (from the day before having zero) Which is Amazing really. I've gotten More hits from Advertising on Facebook in one day than I have been using Google Ads in the last year! Pretty wicked if you ask me.
  • MagicMalachi
  • Journeyman
  • Thank you received 12

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13647

Cool Mal, glad you like the tips, and glad to hear you are getting traffic with the Facebook ads.

The good thing about Facebook ads is that you can really target them. Who are you targeting with your ads? If I were you, I would target people who live in your area who have "event planner" as their profession for one. An important measure of the success of your ads is more the conversions than the traffic -- that is, out of all the people that clicked on the ad to come to your site, how many actually ended up contacting you, booking you, or subscribing to your site/newsletter. The better targeting you do with your ads, the better conversion rate you will get, because you will have targeted traffic.

An alternative to "Packages" is also "Services." I like either one... you can choose what you think sounds best.

One tip I received about getting testimonials is: write the testimonial yourself. Then ask the person if it is okay for you to use that as a testimonial from them. This way they just have to say "Yes" or "No" instead of writing the whole testimonial, which takes more time. So for example, if someone you did a show for said to you afterwards, "That was an awesome show Mal, thanks!"... send that person an email saying... "After my show, you said to me, 'That was an awesome show Mal, thanks!' - I would like to add that to the testimonials page on my website, may I have your permission?"

Let us know once you've made some changes, I'll be happy to review it again and give you more feedback. Cheers.
  • V Marra
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 58
V
themagicnetwork.com
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by V Marra.

Re: Website Ideas 2 years 6 months ago #13652

Mal, looking good! About the testimonials, what I do is I send a thank you email to all my clients after my shows pretty much thanking them and almost giving them a testimonial as a customer haha and then I say if you enjoyed the show you can leave a testimonial on my facebook page or via email.

Some do but most will send a thank you email back which is not in "testimonial format". That doesn't bother me now because I have a good collection of good ones but when I started getting some for my website I approached past customers saying I was putting together some promotional material and needed some testimonials so would appreciate if they could write an honest testimonial. That was when I got the best ones too, they put a lot of thought into it knowing that it was going to help me and if they were happy with the show they are more then happy to help.
  • KiwiMagician
  • Demi-God
  • Thank you received 17

Check Out My Website!

LIKE My Facebook Page!
  • Page:
Moderators: V Marra

Most Forum Thanks

Top Thanks Thanks
Liderc 88
V Marra 58
Saurabh 26
KiwiMagician 17
MagicMalachi 12